Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sick until...

The longstanding sore throat and flu finally hit me in full force yesterday.

I had contemplated to take MC on Friday, but a task assigned to me prevented me from doing so. Thank God the managers were not in so i could take it easy... But at 7pm the fever started getting worse, and i was on the verge of shivering and feeling dizzy.

So after dinner, my colleague sent me to see the doc. (Thanks Yang Jie, owe you KFC haha)

The doc says i've got a cold, so i got panadol + flu tablet + smthing for the throat and cough mixture.

My mum tended to me in the middle of the night and was shocked to see that my entire T shirt was soaked with perspiration. I didn't switch on the fan and had wanted the sweat to break out. Thanks mum. =)

Had wanted to go office today to settle report, but i was still feeling really weak. So i'm here in my home, writing my logbook. I hope i can finish it soon. =)

I still owe the painting of the house. I hope i can finish it soon. =/

**********************************************************************************
Huileng from HR told me that my application has been processed, and i asked her the date of commencement.

And she told me it was 9th of June. (Directly after IA)

*collapses on the table*

But oh well. The earlier i join, i''ll be able to get more bonus ya. Count your blessings ah bin. Hahahah! :S

**********************************************************************************
Wasn't really very happy when i heard a friend comparing all our salaries. I was told that S got 3.4k (Shell). the other one (also S) got 3k. Dunno the company though.

To hear this from someone you thought was a role model was just simply... indescribable.

I guess, its a never-ending rat race here. In school you compare grades. In work you compare salaries. No wonder when i asked Ya Ting, she was like.. 2k+... cannot divulge too much in case it hurts ppl. Now i see why.

But anyway, like i told Lin Lin, they can compare all they like. But they will never know that companies have different benefits. For a start, when i went for the interview i was told that i'm allowed to claim for OT (5 /hr). Well it may mean a pittance to some, but to me i feel the company recognizes that we will have situations that we may need to work til very late, and hence the OT pay. I will have a personal transport (pickup) and my fuel is free (thanks to ITS). I will also get a handphone which is paid by the company. It's not bad at all, really. To my knowledge i don't think many Singaporean companies have such good benefits.

The bottom line is, there is no end to comparison. Count your blessings everyday, and know that the Lord will provide, if we trust and obey.

Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

No comments: