Friday, November 9, 2007

Journey

It's a long long journey
Till I know where I'm supposed to be
It's a long long journey
And I don't know if I can believe
When shadows fall and block my eyes
I am lost and know that I must hide
It's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you

Just as how Corrinne May sang it, the journey of a christian is not an easy one.Time and time again i have told myself that I must be a good testimony to my family. And yet as i am trying the hardest, it's not easy being a blameless person.
Especially when i'm such a hot-head and quick to rush into anger. I've tried so hard, so hard to change myself to be a better person, one that my Abba Father would want me to be.
My temper is a stumbling block to my testimony of being a good Christian.
So what defines a good christian? A person who is blameless in the eyes of others, not easily provoked? In an age where evil goes uncorrected, even a person with the best temper would go up in flames too.
I feel that many a times non-believers have this tendency to equate us with "monks". We're not supposed to be temperamental, but have great patience, and inadvertently become stepping stones for malicious beings to trample on.


It's just a convenient excuse, really. I'm getting tired of this stereotypical comments.

I guess a good christian is not merely a person who is blameless by others' standards, but by God's standards. The views of a human may be subjective and varied, but the Lord's standards are always absolute.
A good christian would not be afraid to admit his or her mistakes when he or she makes one, instead of sweeping them under the carpet. He or she should possess perseverance, as instead of giving up when he/ she makes a mistake, he/ she should try to push on and strive for the Lord's glory.
Instead of despairing and feeling helpless, perhaps we should all entrust our problems to the Lord, because He will make a way when there seems to be no way. A passage to sum it up... the familiar Proverbs 3:5-6.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make our paths straight."

Another verse to share..."Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." -Ephesians 4:29-32

No comments: