Was supposed to be attending a BBQ after work yesterday when Tuas plant called me, saying that a site would be casting a special mix of concrete later that night. Had no avail but to go without even eating anything.
Rushed home to change into my working attire and dashed to Tuas from Bedok in a matter of 30mins. I don't want to do this ever again, if i can ever help it. Driving at 90+km/h is super dangerous can. =/
Thank goodness when i reached there, i still had time to carry out some checks. It took us 30mins to batch, check and confirm that the concrete would be ok before sending it out.
Upon reaching the site the customer asked us how come it took us so long to batch the concrete, and i told them it was because of the special nature of the product they had required (flow concrete without any compaction/ vibration required). They bought my explanation and were quite pleased apparently.
And so i got my job satisfaction that night, but i lost my time. And there were 24 more such columns to go.
The thing that gets to me is the loss of my personal time in view of the company's policy to support all special and major castings. I wonder how long i can last here before finally throwing the towel. No doubt i have gained alot of experience through all these, how long can my body take before a massive breakdown occurs?
We shall see.
And my dinner was instant noodles at 11pm. Not exactly very pleasant, but well... just to fill the tummy before i head to sleep, i wouldn't be choosy. =]
The thing is, why am i making a fuss of it since everyone has gone through this path is having little sleep, having to be called in the middle of the night and etc etc? I have no answer to that at the moment. Maybe the answer will surface in time to come.
I'll conclude with this song which i feel is so me.
Five for fighting - Superman
I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me
I'm more than a bird...i'm more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train
It's not easy to be me
Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
About a home I'll never see
It may sound absurd...but don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It's not easy to be me
Up, up and away...away from me
It's all right...you can all sleep sound tonight
I'm not crazy...or anything...
I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees
I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me
Inside of me
Inside me
Yeah, inside me
Inside of me
I'm only a man
In a funny red sheet
I'm only a man
Looking for a dream
I'm only a man
In a funny red sheet
And it's not easy, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm...
Its not easy to be... me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment